Class A CDL- OTR Hazmat Truck Driver - Georgia
BVS has immediate openings for a full-time Class A - OTR Hazmat Truck Driver in our Columbus, GA location. This role is responsible for the delivery of orders to BVS customers, primarily in our regional area and OTR interstate commerce.
- Salary based position, based upon experience plus a mileage rate.
- Signing Bonus upon hired, Payable the following pay period of completion 1st, 6th, and 12th month of service.
- Paid Time Off (vacation) upon hire
- Health, Dental, STD, LTD, and Matching 401(k) offered
- Paid Meals, For Overnight Runs Cell Phone Reimbursement, and $50,000 Company Paid Life Insurance
- No touch freight, pallet jacks, palletized loads
- Route delivery and or transfer driver between facilities
- Communicates with customer service and all warehouse personnel to schedule delivery routes within the week
- Communicates with warehouse personnel on what has been and what else needs to be picked for delivery orders
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate paperwork accompanies the shipment (i.e. BOL, Packing Slips, Hazardous Materials)
- Responsible for contents of vehicle, ensuring that everything is appropriately packed, strapped and is within the parameters of all DOT regulations (i.e. weight, HAZMAT)
- Delivers product and proper paperwork in a timely manner, with full regard to all rules of the road
- Responsible for proper procedures with electronic driver log system
- Acts as the face of BVS, and treats customers with kindness and respect
- Maintain and keep assigned vehicle clean, serviced and in good repair.
- Other duties as assigned
- Class A CDL for non-excepted interstate driving
- Current medical card
- Hazmat Endorsement
- Clean driving record
- Must be able to be on the road with some overnight travel
- Home Weekends and some weekdays
- Must be able to lift over 50lbs on a regular basis
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 2+ years’ experience or equivalent
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect customer and employee safety
- Varying working conditions from climate-controlled distribution center, to working outdoors in inclement weather conditions
- Working with and around industrial hazards
- Newer equipment
- May be required to carry a cell phone and be available to respond during working and non-working hours