Director of Procurement - in Ellsworth, Iowa or Siloam Springs, Arkansas
- Full Time
- BVS Ellsworth
Best Veterinary Solutions, Inc., has an immediate opening for a Director of Procurement. In this position you will establish and direct the company's overall purchasing strategy by leading in the execution and governance of our MRP systems across all distribution sites and manufacturing. You will establish strategic alliances with industry partners, source new suppliers and lead supplier negotiations. This position can be based in our Corporate Office in Ellsworth, Iowa or our new facility in Siloam Springs, Arkansas.
- Responsible for development and execution of short and long-term procurement and inventory control strategies across the enterprise.
- Assist in negotiating price and term contracts with suppliers for optimal cost and delivery terms; communicates with suppliers to resolve problems that may arise regarding delivery, quality, price, or conditions of sale.
- Develop preferred supplier and supplier contingency plans and conduct risk analysis.
- Manage and maintain approved supplier program; work with quality and production team to ensure suppliers meet program requirements and products are within specifications.
- Assists senior leadership in planning and sourcing raw material suppliers and contract negotiations in alignment with strategic growth objectives.
- Lead purchasing team in setting building, managing and maintaining the companies’ MRP System and providing training to other employees and departments.
- Report, record and maintain lead times, safety stock, ROP, minimum & maximum purchase requirements across items, production and warehouse facilities.
- Predict future inventory needs, produce plans for buying based on forecasts and sales data for all business units.
- Work alongside Production team to track and monitor inventory levels and production schedules, creating a stocking strategy for finished goods.
- Create and maintain efficient and accurate inventory control best practices, consistent with company policy, SOPs, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Prepare daily inventory analysis to verify inventory shortages and discrepancies; lead team to resolve product shortages and implement plans for permanent resolution.
- Understand the business’s supply chain and help implement strategies to create more efficiencies and cost savings.
- Develop and maintain all reporting and documentation processes, policies, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), documenting standard work and ensuring highest possible levels of productivity for the department.
- Responsible for all management and oversight of all supplier portal programs.
- Develop and implement a system that channels all procurement activities through the department, including non-inventory items.
- Control purchasing budget and promote culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Manage, mentor and develop buyers or other direct reports.
- Hiring, onboarding, training, and ongoing performance of team members including performance reviews, corrective actions and terminations where required.
- Responsible for creating an atmosphere that promotes employee involvement while communicating regularly with all employees keeping them abreast of our Company values and goals.
Must have a natural ability to build rapport and cultivate solid relationships with vendors, customers and employees at all levels of the Company.
Must maintain high standards of ethical and professional conduct and adhere to strict confidentiality policies and procedures.
Exhibits strong interpersonal and organizational skills, great attention to detail as well as excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include proficient knowledge of Excel, ERP and MRP systems.
Possesses the mathematical ability to analyze statistical information and analysis presented in relation to inventory matters and to prepare the same for others when the need arises.
Due to the nature of the business the Director of Procurement must consent to and have the ability to pass a pre-employment and annual drug test, extensive background and fingerprint check through the FBI.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, supply chain, or related field preferred.
A minimum of 7-10 years of manufacturing experience in inventory, planning, scheduling, production supervision, buyer, supply chain management or similar team role.
A minimum of 3-5 years of supervisor experience required.
Solid knowledge of data analysis, inventory management software, and forecasting techniques.
Prolonged periods of sitting driving or at a desk and working on a computer.
The ability to working with and around industrial hazards.
Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
Ability to travel as required.