Distribution Center Manager - Iowa
- Full Time
- BVS Ellsworth
Best Veterinary Solutions, Inc., has an immediate opening for Distribution Center Manager. This position will work 8:00AM-5:00PM at our Ellsworth, Iowa location. The Distribution Center Manager leads the strategic planning, managing staff and daily operations of shipping and receiving to include safety, security, quality, reliability, compliance, and customer-service standards. It also includes meeting and exceeding service performance, and cost control, while contributing to the attainment of the business objectives. The Distribution Center Manager ensures all systems and processes meet or exceed industry standard.
- Develop and lead warehouse operation area to drive organization to excellence in quality, delivery, cost, along with employee supervision, training, coaching, and motivating staff.
- Manage material operations including receiving, material replenishment, cycle counting, picking, packing, and route delivery.
- Investigate inventory discrepancies and drive awareness and performance related to inventory management; routine cycle counts, product turnover, FIFO
- Collaborate with purchasing team and warehousing team to schedule incoming shipments and inform appropriate staff.
- Establishes operational procedures for timely and accurate activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keep inventory current.
- Receive goods into the warehouse and verify the quality and count of all items unloaded from trucks and trailers; checks against suppliers count and immediately report damages and discrepancies to carriers and purchasing department per company policy.
- Receives product into computer system verifying price, quantity, lot number and expiration date in a timely manner
- Work closely with Quality and Compliance Manager to ensure quality and compliance with Feed Safety Policies and related Standard Operating Procedures for Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Safe Feed/Safe Food (SFSF) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP).
- Support and follow all reporting and documentation processes and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), documenting standard work and ensuring highest possible levels of productivity.
- Assist management with implementing strategies, policies, and procedures to ensure effective and efficient service, and warehouse operations.
- Establish comprehensive goals for service and warehouse performance and growth criteria to support company’s vision of exemplary customer service.
- Manage hiring, onboarding, training, and ongoing performance of all warehouse team members including performance reviews and corrective actions.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations including OSHA, DOT, USDA, FDA, EPA.
- Ensure new product Safety Data Sheets are uploaded into the system and informing appropriate parties when not.
- Performs and documents daily forklift and facility inspection for warehousing operations
- Responsible for creating an atmosphere that promotes employee involvement while communicating regularly with all employees keeping them abreast of our Company values and goals.
- Manage relationships with partners and vendors.
- Responsible for maintaining a profitable bottom line by keeping costs in line based upon our budget.
- Continually improve and build upon existing processes by identifying areas of improvement, designing solutions with measurable impacts in mind, and executing such fixes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others, understands material, and provide instructions to all team members.
- Adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to lead by example.
- Demonstrated understanding of warehouse management, inventory management, product flow and productivity standards.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems involving several options with limited information.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished inwritten, oral, diagram or schedule form and to work independently.
- Demonstrate ability to work well under pressure with a proactive approach to unusual occurrences.
- MS Office applications. i.e. Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to become forklift certified and operate proficiently
- Safety Awareness – Ensuring the safe use of warehouse equipment and the safety of the staff. Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect customer and employee safety.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Occasional overnight travel maybe required for training and meetings.
- Ability and willingness work based on customer needs (shift work, extended shifts, etc.).
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years warehouse/inventory and employee management experience required.
- Well versed in the poultry, swine and other animal health industries preferred.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift over 50lbs.
- Able to work on feet for extended periods of time as needed.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Physically capable of manual labor that includes lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and reaching.
- Physical ability to operate industrial machinery and become forklift certified.
- The ability to working with and around industrial hazards.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org