Human Resources Manager, Ellsworth IA
- Full Time
- BVS Ellsworth
The Human Resource Manager will lead and direct all functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including employment, compensation, payroll, benefits, training, and enforcing company policies and practices as well as managing workplace safety initiatives.
BVS offers a casual dress work environment with a benefit package that includes competitive pay, health, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation, sick and holiday time, life insurance, 401(k) with company match and more.
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organizations human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which includes recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental/location managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings. Implements new hire orientation and onboarding.
- Manages the development and maintenance of the Human Resources sections of both the company website, particularly recruiting, culture, and company information; and the HRIS software.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent. Assist with the development of salary budgets and performs compensation benchmarking.
- Administers benefit plans including coordination of open enrollment and benefit meetings; process employee benefit claims and billing; coordinates COBRA administration.
- Manages performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equality within organization.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Creates and presents learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Design, drafts and distributes internal communication regarding status changes, announcements, company policies and procedures, benefits, and the Employee Handbook.
- Manages workplace safety and training platform to ensure compliance within the organization. Also, an active member of the Safety Committee.
- Responsible for maintaining all payroll operations according to policies and procedures.
- Assist and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Exceptional communication skills, writing skills, interpersonal skills, and ethical mindset.
Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the executive management team that provides overall company leadership and direction.
Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include knowledge of Excel and skills in Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
Ability to travel to other BVS locations as needed.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
A minimum of three years of human resource management experience preferred.
PRH or SHRM-CP highly desired.
Working knowledge of employment laws and regulations (ADA, EEO, FMLA, FLSA, ERISA, ACA, OSHA) and the ability to appropriately spot employment risk issues.
Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws governing employee relations practices.
Capacity to apply discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality when handling sensitive information.
Prolonged periods of sitting driving or at a desk and working on a computer.
The ability to working with and around industrial hazards.
Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
BVS - Ellsworth is just a short drive from Ames and Des Moines, Iowa.
If you need reasonable accommodation to review or apply for our positions, please call 515.836.4001 for assistance.