- Full Time
- BVS Ellsworth
BVS has an immediate opening for a full-time Production Supervisor. This position works 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday - Friday in our climate-controlled Ellsworth, Iowa facility. This position is responsible for overseeing and managing production employees to ensure compliance with safety regulations while maintaining departmental standards for quality, productivity, and reliability.
BVS offers a casual dress work environment with a benefit package that includes competitive pay, health and dental insurance, paid vacation, sick and holiday time, company-paid life insurance, 401(k) with company match and more.
- Supervises all production activities performed by employees and verify accuracy of work (i.e. QA checks, labels, packaging, etc.); maintains a high degree of visibility and access to employees throughout the shift.
- Oversees the daily workflow and assignments of the production team; trains, motivates, coaches, rewards, and disciplines employees being supervised while working closely with all internal departments to ensure all product needs are met on time.
- Manages personnel issues including but not limited to vacation approvals, timecard approval, daily and weekly overtime, conflict resolution and professional development.
- Assists with development and implementation of policies and procedures; ensures all established policies and procedures are followed by employees.
- Assist management to select, hire, and train associates to operate and maintain all equipment ensuring safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Assisting management with performance reviews and disciplinary matters.
- Monitors and reports daily production results, material usage, waste, and downtime.
- Ensure employees and facility operations are in compliance with all governmental, safety and environmental regulations.
- Continuously update Production Manager and Leadership team on departmental status. (Specifically matters related to cost; including waste, downtime, staffing, and overall processing efficiencies. Explain steps being taken to improve and eliminate any areas deemed deficient.)
- Maintains safe working conditions, safe work practices and good housekeeping in area of responsibility
- Leads resolution of production-related issues with representatives from other departments throughout the company (i.e. Sales, Quality Control, etc.).
- Coordinates with Quality Control to maintain quality standards; takes appropriate corrective measures to resolve deficiencies.
- Responsible for start-up, safe operation, change over, shut down and preventative maintenance of assigned production equipment; equipment may include, but not limited to, production equipment, forklifts, or other power equipment.
- Complies with safety policies, participates in the plants safety program and is proactive with safety concerns.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others, understands material, and provide instructions to all team members.
- Adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems involving several options with limited information.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form and to work independently.
- Demonstrate ability to work well under pressure with a proactive approach to unusual occurrences.
- Willing to embrace an ever-changing environment.
- Leads by example with personal accountability and a strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to complete reports and logs.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect customer and employee safety.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 2-5 years supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education/work experience required.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift over 50lbs.
- Able to work on feet for extended periods of time – up to 9-hour shifts.
- Physically capable of manual labor that includes lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and reaching.
- Physical ability to operate industrial machinery and become forklift certified.
- The ability to working with and around industrial hazards.