Regulatory Affairs Manager - Ellsworth, Iowa
- Full Time
- BVS Ellsworth
Best Veterinary Services has an immediate opening for a full-time Regulatory Affairs Manager. This position will work 8:00am - 5:00 pm in our Ellsworth, Iowa location. The Regulatory Affairs Manager will provide broad-based technical and regulatory guidance to operations and supporting departments. This position is responsible for the coordination, development, and implementation of regulatory strategies and tactical plans to grow and defend Company products in the markets we serve.
- Initiate development and execution of regulatory strategies and tactical plans for registration of products in the US and international markets.
- Manage relationship with the EPA, ensuring compliance on all levels and working with senior leadership in finding new opportunities.
- Lead the preparation and submission of federal, state, and international regulatory filings and applications.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and provincial laws and regulations pertaining to the sale and distribution of products within the US and Canada.
- Maintain active list of all product restrictions and implement preventative controls in system.
- Maintain current, accurate, and accessible information concerning global registration requirements, including FDA, EPA, and USDA requirements.
- Perform regular maintenance of hazardous chemical inventory and Tier II reporting requirements with the DHS.
- Develop and maintain a registration status tracking system from process initiation to completion and update maintenance to ensure regulatory compliance for products and geographical locations.
- Prepare data and documents required by government, third party, and other authoritative bodies to support product registration activities.
- Assist in the creation, review, and approval of text and graphics on new and existing market labels and safety data sheets to ensure compliance with various regulating entities.
- Manage daily regulatory affairs to ensure success in operational compliance.
- Submit tonnage reports for states where commercial feed or feed ingredients are distributed.
- Identify regulatory compliance gaps and create scalable compliance solutions and processes for the business.
- Remain knowledgeable of regulatory developments and industry best practices within or outside of the company to guide staff and management on new/evolving issues and requirements.
- Leads Safety Team in the development and implementation of all safety programs and protocols.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others, understand material, and provide instructions to all team members.
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and/or visual form.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Demonstrate ability to work well under pressure with a proactive approach to unusual occurrences.
- Willingness to embrace an ever-changing environment.
- Strong leadership skills, able to lead by example with personal accountability and a strong sense of urgency.
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to complete reports and logs.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect customer and employee safety.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferably in science discipline or animal science, or related field (relevant work experience may offset degree requirement).
- Minimum 5 years' experience with registration organizations.
- Knowledge of USDA and DHS.
- Extensive experience with EPA regulations and requirements.
- Familiarity with FDA specifically related to animal food and feed safety.
- Experience with OSHA regulation requirements and general employee safety initiatives.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift over 50lbs.
- Able to work on feet for extended periods of time – up to 9-hour shifts.
- Prolonged periods of sitting, driving or at a desk and working on a computer.
- Physically capable of manual labor that includes lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and reaching.
- Physical ability to operate industrial machinery and become forklift certified.
- Ability to work with and around chemical/industrial hazards.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.