Hazmat CDL Truck Drivers - Multiple Locations
- Full Time
- More Information
BVS has immediate openings for Class A - OTR & Regional Hazmat Truck Driver in our all areas which we operate. location. This role is responsible for the delivery of orders to BVS customers, primarily in our regional area and OTR interstate commerce.
- Sign on Bonus: Instantly be rewarded for joining the BVS Team. Half paid on first payroll check and other half at 6 months.
- Base Wage + Mileage Rate In addition to the base wage, BVS offers a mileage rate to reward and incentivize drivers to go the extra mile. Having the best of both worlds guarantees our drivers will get paid even when delays occur.
- Great Benefits Competitive Package of Health, Dental, Life, Vision, STD and LTD Insurance offered, 401K program with company match, and immediate paid holidays, vacation and sick time. Paid Meals for overnight runs and cell phone reimbursement.
- Time at Home Typical Regional drivers are home nightly and home every weekend. 90 % of our OTR drivers are home every weekend.
- No touch freight, pallet jacks, palletized loads
- Route delivery and or transfer driver between facilities
- Communicates with customer service and all warehouse personnel to schedule delivery routes within the week
- Communicates with warehouse personnel on what has been and what else needs to be picked for delivery orders
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate paperwork accompanies the shipment (i.e. BOL, Packing Slips, Hazardous Materials)
- Responsible for contents of vehicle, ensuring that everything is appropriately packed, strapped and is within the parameters of all DOT regulations (i.e. weight, HAZMAT)
- Delivers product and proper paperwork in a timely manner, with full regard to all rules of the road
- Responsible for proper procedures with electronic driver log system
- Acts as the face of BVS, and treats customers with kindness and respect
- Maintain and keep assigned vehicle clean, serviced and in good repair.
- Other duties as assigned
- Class A CDL for non-excepted interstate driving
- Current medical card
- Hazmat Endorsement
- Clean driving record
- Must be able to be on the road with some overnight travel
- Home Weekends and some weekdays
- Must be able to lift over 50lbs on a regular basis
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 2+ years’ experience or equivalent
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect customer and employee safety
- Varying working conditions from climate-controlled distribution center, to working outdoors in inclement weather conditions
- Working with and around industrial hazards
- Newer equipment
- May be required to carry a cell phone and be available to respond during working and non-working hours