Warehouse and Water Service Tech Support, Washington IN
- Full Time
- BVS Washington
The Warehouse and Water Service Tech Support will work under the Warehouse Manager to provide support in the picking and packing of all products that need to be shipped or delivered to BVS customers and locations. This position is also responsible for checking and maintaining accurate inventory. Water Service Tech Support is a customer facing position primarily responsible for safely installing water systems at customer locations throughout the designated region on an as needed basis. This position is accountable for building and maintaining customer relationships to maximize customer retention and collaborating with the other BVS colleagues to achieve goals and support the business.
Warehouse Responsibilities include:
- Follow safety rules, work policies and procedures per training/instructions.
- Safely operate equipment, forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Assist other warehouse team members in shipping and receiving, delivering customer’s orders and inventory transfers.
- Unload inbound products.
- Assist with weekly inventory control counts.
- Ensure accuracy of inbound and outbound shipments and the ability to address discrepancies.
- Maintains weekly cleaning schedule and safety/security compliance checklist to ensure a safe, secure, and clean working environment.
- The ability to work scheduled shift as assigned.
- Communicate in an efficient and effective manner with all team members.
- Be responsible, self-motivated, and committed to maintaining highest standards of quality.
- Back up Customer Service Representative as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Water Service Tech Responsibilities include:
- Comply with all biosecurity requirements instated by BVS and each individual customer.
- Provide a spectrum of technical recommendations and trainings as needed.
- Build and maintain relationships with key industry contacts.
- Proficiently generate trip reports and follow up information when necessary.
- Deliver, install and maintain AANE, ELF and Titan water systems at customer locations.
- Service, install and maintain all injection pumps and equipment associated with BVS water systems.
- Service and maintain BVS vaccinating and dispensing equipment in customers hatcheries.
- Provide customer training for BVS water systems.
- Support and follow all reporting and documentation processes and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), documenting standard work and ensuring highest possible levels of productivity.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations including OSHA, DOT, USDA, FDA, EPA.
- Serve as subject matter expert to customers in the area of water quality solutions provided by BVS.
- Maintain regular communication with sales representatives and management.
- Maintain and keep assigned vehicle clean, serviced and in good repair.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Able to understand and follow instructions and procedures.
- Proficient organizational skills.
- Self-motivator and self-starter.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and effectively work independently.
- Must also have the ability to work collaboratively with others as part of the team.
- Service-oriented and able to resolve customer concerns.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems involving several options with limited information.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form and to work independently.
- Strong critical thinking problem solving, judgment, and initiative.
- MS Office applications. i.e. Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect customer and employee safety.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Previous work experience in warehouse, production, or manufacturing preferred but not necessary.
- 3-5 years service/maintenance or equivalent required.
- Well versed in the poultry, swine and other animal health industries preferred.
- Varying working conditions from climate-controlled distribution center, to working outdoors in inclement weather conditions.
- Physically capable of manual labor that includes lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and reaching.
- Move with coordination and dexterity.
- Ability to lift 50 lb. repeatedly and become forklift certified.
- The ability to work in a physically demanding warehouse environment.
- The ability to working with and around industrial hazards.
- Able to work on foot for extended periods of time – up to 8-hour shifts.