Warehouse Manager - Mechanicsburg, PA
- Full Time
- BVS Mechanicsburg
BVS has an immediate opening for a full-time Warehouse Manager in our climate-controlled Mechanicsburg, PA facility. This position works 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday. The Warehouse Manager leads the strategic planning, managing staff and daily operations of shipping and receiving to include safety, security, quality, reliability, compliance, and customer-service standards.
BVS offers a casual dress work environment with a benefit package that includes competitive pay, health and dental insurance, paid vacation, sick and holiday time, company-paid life insurance, 401(k) with company match and more.
What will you do as a Warehouse Manager:
- Develop and lead warehouse operation area to drive organization to excellence in quality, delivery, cost, along with employee supervision, training, coaching, and motivating staff.
- Manage material operations including, receiving, material replenishment, cycle counting, picking, packing, delivery and distribution.
- Collaborate with purchasing team and warehousing team to schedule incoming shipments and inform appropriate staff.
- Establishes operational procedures for timely and accurate activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keep inventory current.
- Receive goods into the warehouse and verify the quality and count of all items unloaded from trucks and trailers; checks against suppliers count and immediately report damages and discrepancies to carriers, supervisor, and purchasing department per company policy.
- Receives product into computer system verifying price, quantity, lot number and expiration date.
- Work closely with Transportation to coordinate daily routing of customer deliveries. Ensuring the product is being delivered in an efficient manner.
- Support and follow all reporting and documentation processes and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), documenting standard work and ensuring highest possible levels of productivity.
- Assist management with implementing strategies, policies, and procedures to ensure effective and efficient service, and warehouse operations.
- Monitor and ensure that all facility equipment is working correctly and meeting production standards.
- Establish comprehensive goals for service and warehouse performance and growth criteria to support company’s vision of exemplary customer service.
- Manage hiring, onboarding, training, and ongoing performance of all warehouse team members including performance reviews and corrective actions.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations including OSHA, DOT, USDA, FDA, EPA.
- Ensure new product Safety Data Sheets are uploaded into the system and informing appropriate parties when not.
- Performs and documents daily forklift inspection for entire facility.
- Responsible for creating an atmosphere that promotes employee involvement while communicating regularly with all employees keeping them abreast of our Company values and goals.
- Manage relationships with partners and vendors.
- Responsible for maintaining a profitable bottom line by keeping costs in line based upon our budget.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Due to the nature of the business BVS Warehouse Managers must consent to and have the ability to pass a pre-employment and annual drug test, extensive background and fingerprint check through the FBI.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others, understands material, and provide instructions to all team members.
- Adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to lead by example.
- Demonstrated understanding of warehouse management, inventory management, product flow and productivity standards.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems involving several options with limited information.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished inwritten, oral, diagram or schedule form and to work independently.
- Demonstrate ability to work well under pressure with a proactive approach to unusual occurrences.
- MS Office applications. i.e. Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to become forklift certified and operate PIT’s.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect customer and employee safety. Maintaining log of daily safety audits.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Occasional overnight travel maybe required for training and meetings.
- Ability and willingness to work based on customer needs (shift work, extended shifts, etc.).
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years warehouse/inventory and employee management experience required.
- Well versed in the poultry, swine and other animal health industries preferred.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift over 50lbs.
- Able to work on feet for extended periods of time as needed.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Physically capable of manual labor that includes lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and reaching.
- Physical ability to operate industrial machinery and become forklift certified.
- The ability to working with and around industrial hazards.
What are you waiting for? Become part of an amazing company that is stable and growing.