Warehouse Receiving Associate - Iowa
- Full Time
- BVS Ellsworth
Best Veterinary Solutions Inc., has an immediate opening for a full-time Warehouse Receiving Associate. This position works 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM Monday - Friday in our climate-controlled Ellsworth, IA Facility. This position will work under the supervision of the Warehouse Manager to provide support in the daily operations of the warehouse, specifically in the receiving, counting, and inspection of goods that are delivered and received into the warehouse by common carrier and other delivery methods. This position is also responsible for offering help and support to other warehouse staff, the quality department and performing additional warehouse duties.
- Collaborate with purchasing team and warehousing team to schedule incoming shipments and inform appropriate staff.
- Receives goods into the warehouse and verifies the quality and count of all items unloaded from trucks and trailers; checks against suppliers count and immediately report damages and discrepancies to carriers, supervisor, and purchasing department per company policy.
- Receives product into computer system verifying price, quantity, lot number and expiration date
- Carefully and accurately maintains shipping documents and receiving records.
- Labels incoming shipments with identifying numbers, quantity and description.
- Notifies supervisor and purchasing of major discrepancies or quality concerns.
- Completes information on damages as product is received. Documents appropriately, takes photos and other quality control measures predetermined by product.
- Loads and unloads trucks using an electric pallet jack or forklift.
- Organize and stage received items in appropriate areas.
- Ensure new product Safety Data Sheets are uploaded into the system and informing appropriate parties when not.
- Performs and documents daily forklift inspection for warehouse and production.
- Keeps receiving and work area safe, neat and in order.
- Comply with all safety rules, work policies and procedures per training/instructions.
- Maintain accurate records, assist in inventory counting and reconciliation process.
- Communicate in an efficient and effective manner with all team members.
- Be responsible, self-motivated, and committed to maintain high standards of performance.
- Back up Warehouse Support as needed
- Other assigned duties.
- Ability to accurately sort, count, and verify items received.
- Knowledge of warehouse product receiving and storage procedures.
- Ability to read and understand written instructions, shipping orders, department paperwork and safety warning labels.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and effectively work independently.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, judgment and initiative.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and/or inventory software to maintain records, input data, and create reports.
- Ability to operate an electric pallet jack and forklift to load and offload inventory from trucks into the warehouse receiving area.
- Ability to perform basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division calculations.
- Basic computer skills.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of two years of prior work experience in a warehouse environment.
- Ability to work on feet for extended periods of time – up to 8-hours per shift.
- Move with coordination and dexterity
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time on a regular basis.
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions and temperatures in the warehouse and on the loading dock.
- The ability to work with and around industrial hazards.
- Physically capable of manual labor that includes lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and reaching.