Warehouse Support Washington, IN
- Full Time
- BVS Washington
BVS has an immediate opening for a full-time Warehouse Support Team Member. This position works 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday in our climate-controlled Washington, Indiana facility. Our warehouse team assist with providing support in receiving, warehousing, and shipping of all products to our customers and other BVS Warehouses. This position also assists in maintaining safety/ security compliance checklist and weekly housekeeping for both the Warehouse and Office.
Best Veterinary Solutions, Inc., which operates across seven states, provides innovative solutions and service to the animal health industry, primarily in the poultry market. We partner with the world's highest quality manufacturers and provide custom manufactured products to empower animal producers to care for their animals at the most reasonable cost
- Follow safety rules, work policies and procedures per training/instructions.
- Safely operate production equipment, forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Assist other warehouse team members in shipping and receiving.
- Unload inbound products.
- Assist with weekly inventory control counts.
- Ensure accuracy of inbound and outbound shipments and the ability to address discrepancies.
- Maintains weekly cleaning schedule and safety/security compliance checklist to ensure a safe, secure, and clean working environment.
- The ability to work scheduled shift as assigned.
- Communicate in an efficient and effective manner with all team members.
- Be responsible, self-motivated, and committed to maintaining highest standards of quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Technical Skill Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous work experience in warehouse, production, or manufacturing preferred
- Able to understand and follow instructions and procedures
- Proficient organizational skills
- Self-motivator and self-starter
- Strong critical thinking problem solving, judgment, and initiative
- Effective reading, math and communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work on feet for extended periods of time – up to 8-hours per shift.
- Move with coordination and dexterity
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time on a regular basis.
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions and temperatures in the warehouse and on the loading dock.
- The ability to work with and around industrial hazards.
- Physically capable of manual labor that includes lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and reaching.