Water Service Technician - Indiana
- Full Time
- BVS Ellsworth
Best Veterinary Solutions, Inc., has an immediate opening for a full-time Water Service Technician out of our Washington, Indiana. This role is a customer facing position primarily responsible for safely servicing and installing water systems at customer locations throughout the Indiana, Kentucky, and Tennessee area. This position is accountable for building and maintaining customer relationships to maximize customer retention and collaborating with other BVS team members to achieve goals and support the business.
Water Service Tech Responsibilities include:
- Comply with all biosecurity requirements instated by BVS and each individual customer.
- Provide a spectrum of technical recommendations and trainings as needed.
- Build and maintain relationships with key industry contacts.
- Proficiently generate trip reports and follow up information when necessary.
- Attend industry trade shows and internal meetings upon request.
- Deliver, install and maintain AANE, ELF, EDIE and Titan water systems at customer locations.
- Service, install and maintain all injection pumps and equipment associated with BVS water systems.
- Provide customer training for BVS water systems.
- Support and follow all reporting and documentation processes and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), documenting standard work and ensuring highest possible levels of productivity.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations including OSHA, DOT, USDA, FDA, EPA.
- Serve as subject matter expert to customers in the area of water quality solutions provided by BVS.
- Maintain regular communication with sales representatives and management.
- Maintain and keep assigned vehicle clean, serviced and in good repair.
- Deliver vaccine/nitrogen to hatcheries as directed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others, understands material, and provide instructions to all team members.
- Adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to lead by example.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems involving several options with limited information.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished inwritten, oral, diagram or schedule form and to work independently.
- Demonstrate ability to work well under pressure with a proactive approach to unusual occurrences.
- MS Office applications. i.e. Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Travel daily trips to handle the water tech service needs.
- Ability and willingness work based on customer needs (shift work, extended shifts, etc.)
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect customer and employee safety.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years service/maintenance or equivalent required.
- Well versed in the poultry, swine and other animal health industries preferred.
- Ability to walk and stand for extensive periods of time.
- Prolonged periods of sitting driving or at a desk and working on a computer.
- The ability to working with and around industrial hazards.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift over 50lbs.