Water Service Technician - Minnesota
- Full Time
- BVS Willmar
BVS has an immediate opening for a full-time Water Service Technician in our Willmar, Minnesota facility. This role is a customer facing position primarily responsible for safely servicing and installing water systems at customer locations throughout the Region. This position is accountable for building and maintaining customer relationships to maximize customer retention and collaborating with other BVS team members to achieve goals and support the business.
BVS offers a casual dress work environment with a benefit package that includes competitive pay, health and dental insurance, paid vacation, sick and holiday time, company-paid life insurance, 401(k) with company match and more.
Water Service Tech Responsibilities include:
Deliver, install and maintain AANE, ELF and Titan water systems at customer locations.
Service, install and maintain all injection pumps and equipment associated with BVS water systems.
Service and maintain BVS vaccinating and dispensing equipment in customers hatcheries.
Provide customer training for BVS water systems.
Serve as subject matter expert to customers in the area of water quality solutions provided by BVS.
Work with sales representatives on coordinating growth and service of water system program.
Maintain regular communication with sales representatives and warehouse manager.
Ability to prioritize customer needs.
Maintain and keep assigned vehicle clean, serviced and in good repair.
Other duties assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 2 years’ experience of service/maintenance or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to obtain CDL with Hazmat endorsement
- Ability to travel regularly with overnight stays
- Ability and willingness to work hours based on customer needs (shift work, extended shifts, etc.)
- Requirement to carry and lift of up to 50 pounds
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect customer and employee safety
Technical skill requirements:
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Proficient organizational skills
- Self-motivator and self-starter
- Strong critical thinking problem solving, judgment, and initiative
- Effective communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Varying working conditions from office settings, to climate-controlled distribution center, to working outdoors in inclement weather conditions
- Working with and around industrial hazards
- May be required to carry a cell phone and be available to respond during working and non-working hours
- Able to work on foot for extended periods of time – up to 8-hour shifts.
- Physically capable of manual labor that includes lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and reaching
- Move with coordination and dexterity